Promoting research on retirement, disability, and Social Security policy
- Understanding Job Transitions and Retirement Expectations Using Stated Preferences for Job Characteristics
Nicole Maestas, Kathleen Mullen, David Powell, Till M. von Wachter, Jeffrey Wenger
- Social Security Coverage around the World: The Case of China and Mexico
Francisco Perez-Arce, Maria Prados, Erik Meijer, Jinkook Lee
- Investigating the Difference in Mortality Estimates between the Social Security Administration Trustees’ Report and the Human Mortality Database
- Is the Affordable Care Act Affecting Retirement Yet?
Helen Levy, Thomas Buchmueller, Sayeh Nikpay
- Feasibility and Reliability of Automated Coding of Occupation in the Health and Retirement Study
Brooke Helppie McFall, Amanda Sonnega
- How Well Can Medicare Records Identify Seniors with Cognitive Impairment Needing Assistance with Financial Management?
David Weir, Kenneth Langa
- Relative Sizes of Age Cohorts and Labor Force Participation of Older Workers
David Neumark, Maysen Yen
- Local Economic Hardship and Its Role in Life Expectancy Trends
John Bound, Arline Geronimus, Timothy Waidmann, Javier Rodriguez
- Addition to the RAND HRS Longitudinal Files: IRA Withdrawals in the HRS, 2000 to 2014
Michael Hurd, Erik Meijer, Philip Pantoja, Susann Rohwedder
- Assessing Economic Resources in Retirement: The Role of Irregular Withdrawals from Tax-Advantaged Retirement Accounts
Michael Hurd, Susann Rohwedder
- Addressing Social Security’s Solvency While Promoting High Labor Force Participation
- The Decline in the U.S. Labor Force Participation Rate
Francisco Perez-Arce, Maria Prados, Tarra Kohli
- Social Security Household Benefits: Measuring Program Knowledge
Katherine Carman, Angela Hung
- Using Consequence Messaging to Improve Understanding of Social Security
Anya Samek, Arie Kapteyn, Andre Gray
- SeaTE: Subjective ex ante Treatment Effect of Health on Retirement
Pamela Giustinelli, Matthew Shapiro
Also of interest
Winter newsletter covers name change, key findings
Learn about the MRDRC’s new scope, details on summer workshop funding, 2018 key findings, and what MRDRC researchers are doing in the latest newsletter: bit.ly/2019MRDRCwinterNews
MRDRC announces funded 2019 projects
The Michigan Retirement and Disability Research Center awards yearlong research grants to researchers across the nation, the United Kingdom, Asia, and Europe. Visit MRDRC’s Project Page for a list of funded 2019 research, which ranges from investigations of disability insurance use to public pension design.
To align with its new name, the MRDRC has updated its logos, website url, and email address. Email addresses for center staff remain the same, and the MRRC url and email address will redirect to their new equivalents.
New url: https://mrdrc.isr.umich.edu/
New email address: email@example.com
Materials from the 2018 RRC Meeting available
Slides and papers from this year’s Retirement Research Consortium Meeting are posted.
View the agenda and materials here: http://bit.ly/2018RRCmaterials
Financial Security Research Symposium webcast available
Co-hosted by the U.S. Department of Treasury and the Social Security Administration, this event featured four panels of academic, nonprofit, and governmental experts addressing issues surrounding financial preparedness and retirement security.
Link for Panel 1 slides: Assessing Financial Preparedness & Retirement Security
Link for Panel 2 slides: Understanding Social Security
Link for Panel 3 slides: Other Sources of Financial Security
Link for Panel 4 slides: Future Directions for Research
Link for keynote slides: William E. Spriggs